Monday, May 4, 2009

Money Saver: Pest control

I used to pay 40 bucks every three months to have a pest control company come spray my house. Then I met someone who worked for Orkin and told me the ingredients to look for in a good bug spray so I could do it myself. I'm sorry to say I don't remember the exact ingredients, but I can tell you I've been using this stuff for several years and it works great.

You can get the larger bottle at Walmart for around $7 and it will last over a year. It works for indoors and out and seems to kill all sorts of bugs. We've lived in lots of places and every house seems to have its own bug issue. Our last house had ants everywhere--even in the pantry and our current house has big ugly spiders. I usually spray the baseboards and around the perimeter of the house in the spring and don't spray again the rest of year unless I notice the reappearance of the creepy crawlies. Savings over using a professional: $153/year!

No comments: