Wednesday, June 20, 2007

How "Slackin' off" came to be

I've been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time. I love to journal, but am terrible at doing it on a regular basis. I'm hoping that having a blog and knowing that someone else is actually reading it (maybe) will keep me accountable to writing more often.

If you're wondering about the title....
I didn't want to include any personal information, such as a last name, in my title. I'm still a little old fashioned, for good or bad I don't know, about putting mine or my kids' names out on the web for all to see. I attempted to come up with a title using the kids initials, but with only 2 vowels and a lot of weird letters--K, G, N, Z--I couldn't seem to put together anything that actually sounded like a word. My own initials don't make a word either, but they are contained in the word slack. I figure if I'm writing regularly on the blog, I must be slackin' off on some household chore that needs to be done, but I can guarantee the chore will still be there when I'm done!

No comments: