Monday, November 12, 2007

AAAAGH!

My desk, or lack thereof, is driving me crazy! At our TX house, we had a built in desk center in the kitchen/breakfast area so we did not own an actual piece of furniture to put the computer on. I have been shopping for a desk since we moved and have not found one that has the features I need in the price range I can afford. So, for the last 3 months, my computer has been sitting on a fiberglass, folding table. This means there are no drawers or cabinets and everything is just laying everywhere. Those of you who know me well, know that this goes against every fiber of my personality. I like for everything to be neat and organized and to have it's assigned place and be in that place when I need it. This is not possible when all my papers and "desk stuff" is just laying around the desk area, not really in it's place. If I could locate the camera USB cord (lost because it doesn't have a place and why there aren't any current pictures on here), I could take a picture of this eyesore in my living room so you could share my angst over the whole ordeal, although I think only a true Type A personality can truly share my frustration. Even more frustrating is that I did find a desk that suited my purposes but was a little more than I wanted to pay for it, but in my desperation was going to buy it anyway. Then, we discovered that my van needed new tires, so that's what I got instead. It stinks to spend money on 4 circles of rubber that aren't even cute or fun in anyway. Yes, I know it's important to be safe but I would have gotten a lot more satisfaction and peace of mind from buying a desk.

No comments: