Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Zachary!

Zachary celebrated year 12 on Tuesday. Since he had tennis camp for most of the day, he opened his gifts quickly Tuesday morning before heading out the door. He acquired 3 new Wii games, computer speakers, Cd's, and a new hat plus $60 that he hasn't decided how to spend yet.

Zac has lots of big changes coming soon. He's already promoted to the youth group this month. (Do you realize in one more year, I'll have three-fourths of my children in youth? I don't think I'm ready for that!) He has also requested to go to public school. Most of you know that none of our kids have ever been in public school so this is HUGE for us. After much prayer and discussion, we will be enrolling him in middle school next week. Am I 100% sure this is the right thing to do? No, but in attempting to respect his desires and knowing there are some benefits to his particular situation in going to public school, we are willing to give it a try. If it doesn't work, then I can always withdraw him and teach him at home again. School begins here the 2nd week of August. Be praying for Zac as he makes this transition and for him to find strong Christian friends at his new school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zach has changed and grown up ALOT! I particularly like the hat : ) Looks like something my boys would get for a birthday gift. Especially Chad.