Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mission Trip News

I've been waiting to post about the mission trip until I had some "official" numbers for you. Kevin has not been in the office much this week due to a root canal on Tuesday, so I'm just going to go ahead and tell you what I know for now. I didn't ever get a count of how many kids attended the Rainbow Express Bible Clubs, but we had 4 teams who went to two apartment complexes each day. 44 kids prayed to receive Christ as their Saviour!!!!!!!!!!! That's more than one salvation per youth that went on the trip! In the slide show below, watch for Estaban. Alyssa had the honor of praying with him for his salvation! (That makes me a very proud mama!) Pray for the workers in the apartment churches as they continue to teach all of these new believers and that the good news will spread through each of these children's families.

Somehow neither one of our kids managed to take a camera. The pictures below are courtesy of one of Alyssa's friends which explains why you won't see any pictures of Zachary. He was there also and in charge of games for his group. Alyssa was the song leader for her team.

Our church also has groups in Cambodia, Venezuela, and Dominican Republic this week. Kevin will be gone July 20--28 to Sonora Mexico with our 9th and 10th grade team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am trying to imagine little Alyssa from long ago... I can still see a little of her daddy in her, but she's grown up so much : ) into a very pretty young lady.