Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I know I'm old because....

Today is my birthday. There's no exclamation point at the end of that statement because at my old age of 36, birthdays seem to lose their magical anticipation. I tend to do special things on my birthday because my kids think it's important. So, today began with me opening gifts from the kids (bought last night at Walmart, of course): a table to put my sewing machines on, a cd, some earrings, and peanut m&m's which the children ate before I could get to them. Then it was off to Nathan's swimming lessons and my appointment with my personal trainer. Exercising wasn't at the top of my list of things to do on my birthday, but this was the day she had open on her calendar.

A friend had told me about this cool donut shop that makes specialty donuts in the shape of characters and letters. I knew Nathan would enjoy picking out a donut for everyone and since they were conveniently located close to the health club, I used my birthday as an excuse to check it out. And, since I'd just finished a gruelling workout with my trainer, I decided I could have a special treat too! Here's what we came home with. Aren't they adorable? But not too cute to eat!
I did enjoy a lunch out today with Kevin and another couple at one of our new favorite restaurants, Fish Daddy's. Then, it was back to mommy duty. I took Alyssa to her dance class only to discover that there was no class this week. Nathan has a birthday party tomorrow so we went to Target to pick out a gift, dropped off books at the library, and picked up movies at Blockbuster. I was so ready to be home by the time we got home; I no longer had the desire to go out to eat. The Papa John's man just delivered my birthday pizza and I'm ready to relax on the couch--the best way to spend a birthday ever and that's how I know I'm old!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday my friend! I am so glad you managed to pack some fun into all the business. I hear Fish Daddy's is "the ball" (do remember Katie telling us that instead of the bomb? good memories :) from my family in Tulsa. So enjoyed catching up, praying for you and yours

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sis I'll Call you later I hope that you are having a good week. Love your sister Melanie

Anonymous said...

Ah, Sharon...I do remember how YOUNG you are! Still in your 30's!!!! Enjoy these years : ) (But the 40's aren't so bad, either)