Monday, June 2, 2008

Read this and Feel better about your life

Could someone please let me know when the lazy days of summer start? We are in the midst of one of our busiest weeks, although there were several vying for the title. Just to make you feel better about your life, I'm going to tell you about my day. Today:
8:20 leave for VBS--Alyssa and I help with registration, Kevin and Zac are working with 5th grade, and Katie and Nate are VBSers
9:15 leave the church with just Alyssa since she has to be at her dance studio to help teach a Disney Princess camp where today she impressed the 4 yr. olds with her coloring skills
9:30-12 I waste time in Walgreens and Walmart so I don't have to make another round trip to the studio in an effort to save gas but the cookies I bought at Walmart probably used up any savings gained
12:30 we all meet back up at home for lunch
2:10 leave to take Alyssa back to the dance studio where she'll stay till 5 practicing for nationals next week and take Zac to the orthodontist for a checkup. Depending on how quickly we get done at the ortho, 3 kids and I might go to the pool for a bit since I need to feel like I'm getting $220 worth of swimming and tanning out of the pool passes I bought last week.
5:30 Kevin will get Alyssa from dance, we'll come home from the pool, I'll cook dinner, and everyone will start taking turns in the one working shower we have at the moment.
And tomorrow, we'll do it all again except we'll have to add in me being at work for 8 hours to the craziness. Now don't you feel better about your life? No need to thank me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lazy Days of Summer -- Never got that either --But I got one better, everyone calls this a teacher's time "OFF!" Tell me, between dishes, laundry, cooking, and driving kids hither and yon, when exactly am I off? I'm scheduling my nervous breakdown. Thursday from 3:00-3:15 looks open,. . . or maybe the second Tuesday of next week :)

Loved Alyssa's video. Glad to see your still out there and still frazzled. Love ya-Gretchen

Sharon said...

Oh, it gets better. We pulled in to the parking lot of the pool and noticed no one was in the pool and everyone was getting in their cars and leaving. A lifeguard stopped us to explain that they had to close it because someone threw up in the pool. So we changed clothes and drove across town for nothing. Well, almost nothing--the kids ended up swimming at the neighbor's.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the consideration though, the fact that they spared you the throw up pool water.

Sharon said...

yeah, it's a good thing we weren't 5 minutes quicker because if Katie had seen it happen, she probably would have never gotten in the water again. And I would have been stuck with that visual in my head forever.

Natalie said...

one of the things i love about turkey...not that much for the kids to be involved in. they get to go outside and play with sticks and rocks just like in the olden days. fun times!