Friday, February 27, 2009

California or bust

Plans are coming together for our 2009 vacation. Once again we've been blessed with free airfare, via Uncle Weve's numerous trips between Baton Rouge and Buffalo. At the end of May we'll be jetting off to Orange County, CA. We'll be checking out the California version of Mickey Mouse and friends for several days. We'll be doing some other things not associated with Disneyland, yet to be decided. If you have any ideas for 'not to be missed' fun for us, please leave it in the comments.

I'm glad I have this trip to look forward to because the Oklahoma weather is about to drive me crazy! Yesterday was gorgeous, high of 70 and low of 60...perfect weather in my book. This morning I awoke to my laptop informing me it was 26 outside. It hasn't gotten above 40 and the wind is freezing! This winter has seemed to last forever! Darn groundhog and his stinkin' shadow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!! We loved CA last summer...one of the things we surprsingly really enjoyed was touring the homes of the stars & seeing Hollywood blvd. I had no desire to go, but it was Ashton's b-day & she chose that as our outing. I LOVED it! We also had a blast on Coronado island in San Diego - an awesome beach!
~Kether

Anonymous said...

La Bria Tar Pits!