Friday, February 6, 2009

Odds and Ends

I couldn't think of any one topic worthy of it's own post today but here's some bits of news for you.

*Kevin and Alyssa drove to Dallas today to go to Ikea to get Katie's new bed. She wanted a full size loft but I couldn't find any here in town that were less than $1000. Ikea's was $250 but they wanted $300 to ship it. Alyssa desperately needs some driving hours so she can get her license so we decided to spend $40 in gas and 9 hours of time going to pick up the bed.

*Nathan has been playing upward basketball at church. He has 4 more games and I promise to get some pictures posted soon. No goals yet but he's gotten lots of personal fouls--he's very aggressive on defense!

*Katie had a good first day at school as best I can tell. Thanks for your prayers for her. God blessed her with a friend she knew from church in her first class. I don't know why I'm always amazed when He answers our prayers with such care and sovereignty even in the littlest details. When she shared this with me in the car on the way home, I almost cried.

*Zac starts track the end of this month which means he'll have practice every day after school at the south intermediate high school. I live in the far north, hence the need for Alyssa's license as soon as possible!

*Check back tomorrow...I'll have another quick and easy recipe for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad Katie's first day went well. Hope it continues.