Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dot com shopping


Nathan's birthday was last Friday. My baby is now 9. So the birthday cards have been pouring in all week. Nate now has $50 practically burning a whole in his pocket (or my purse where I made him keep it.) Nathan is not a saver. As soon as he gets money, he wants to immediately go to Target to spend it. I've convinced (demanded) that he wait until after his party to buy anything.

So this morning I feel Nathan climb up in my bed and I hear these words: "Mom! I want to buy Rayman TV party. I looked on target.com and it was 49.99. But then I looked on Amazon.com and it was $39.99 and it has free super saver shipping and if we order in the next 8 hours it can be here by March 30."

I just want to know when this kid of mine learned to comparison shop online. And no, I didn't order the video game in the next 8 hours. I really was going to make him wait until after his party tomorrow night, but we had to postpone it due to a 90% chance of rain/snow this weekend. (Did you read that?....SNOW!...In the last weekend of March!) So I'll probably cave in and order it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's in the genes, he can't help himself. I believe that I myself had a few lessons from you last week on online bargaining..... maybe I should have asked Nate instead