Friday, August 24, 2007

Back on the Web

Sorry for the delay in posts. I have been without internet access all week so it's nice to be back on the world wide web.

We did close on our Texas house last Friday. Our realtor told us that ours was the only closing that has happened as scheduled in the last 2 months. I knew it was because ours was well prayed over! The packers came on Friday morning to finish what was left in the house and everything was loaded by Sat. at 12. We returned to our new town on Sat. and started working on the task of getting everything from the mission house to the new house; we're still not done unfortunately. Thanks to a lot of help from some new friends, we were able to get all of the new house painted last week. It's amazing how much paint can do for a home. It looks brand new! When we can see the house around the boxes I'll post a slide show, giving you the grand tour.

As you know from my previous post, I was very stressed about the whole negotiation process with the house. One night in particular, I was having a hard time just breathing because the stress in my chest was so tight. I was out running errands, trying to "forget" about all the uncertainties surrounding our lives at that moment when a new Steven Curtis Chapman song came on the radio. I can't even remember the words, but in essence it said "breathe out, breath in", let God have control. I so needed that reminder to look for how God was working through this ordeal and to trust Him completely. He showed me in so many ways that He was in control and had a plan. Through small things like the college student who was taking care of our lawn for the summer had to be back at school on 8/19. We closed on 8/17 and never had to be concerned about finding someone else. Through the big things like a missionary family from China who needs to return home for a medical emergency for their child. Now the mission house will be available for them next week when they arrive in the states. They have stayed there before and it will be a great comfort to them to have a familiar home to live in while they are here.

I must return to the stack of boxes. Hopefully, I'll have something fun to write about besides moving. Nathan had his first soccer practice last night and I have a feeling that activity will provide some hilarious video for you soon!

No comments: