Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hallelujah!

We just got a phone call letting us know that the buyers have signed the addendum! We'll be returning to Texas either next Wed. or Thurs. and plan to close on Friday. Please continue to pray that everything goes according to plan and that the kids do okay adjusting to another house. Katie's birthday is next Thursday, and she's being a good sport about postponing her celebration till we get moved. Letting her spend her birthday money at the mall yesterday probably helped!

Special thanks to our Texas friends: Steve, Garrett, and Wendy, who have kept the pool blue, the grass cut, and the furniture dusted--all without expecting anything in return. You guys have truly been a blessing!

In other news--Zac had a good first two days at school. No real homework yet but we've filled out lots of forms and spent lots of money at Target on school supplies. Keep praying for him to make Godly friends and to adjust easily.

I'll be starting a new job on Aug. 21. Friends of ours own a Direct Buy showroom and offered me a part-time position. I had been praying that God would bring something across my path without me searching for it, something with a Christian work environment where I did not have to fill out a time-off request in triplicate if I wanted to take off for an hour to see Nate play soccer. This job is exactly what I was praying for! This will be helpful for us as we start another child (Zac) in braces soon along with all the other expenses that come with older kids: adult clothing and shoes, car insurance, adult entrees when we eat out, etc.... Back when I was buying diapers, formula, and baby food, I thought the kids would get cheaper as they got older but that is so far from the truth.

No comments: