Wednesday, August 1, 2007

House News!

8/3/07 UPDATE
We have an official, signed contract on the house. The inspection is tomorrow morning. Kevin looked at two rental houses with me today. We like both; they're actually the same floor plan and in the same neighborhood. One is a newer and has a finished office in the attic space that could be a 5th bedroom, but the older one is on a quieter street with less traffic. We won't put a deposit on either until after we get past the inspection. I know that God is in control and if that's where we're supposed to be then He will keep one of them available for us.

Please continue to pray for things to go smoothly. My blood sugar tends to feed off of stress and once it gets high, I am more sensitive to stress, creating a viscous cycle. When we were discussing whether to accept the contract or not, it climbed to 260. (Normal is below 100.) Pray for my system to stay calm through this stressful time and for my blood sugar to stay low.

UPDATE: We have agreed on a price with a buyer, and although it is lower than we had hoped for, we are trusting that God is in control and He will close the door if this is not right. I've looked at a couple of rent houses today. The one I like the most would be a different school district for Zachary so pray for us to have wisdom as to the right thing to do for him. I'll continue to update as things develop.

We received an offer on our house yesterday. We have counter-offered today and hope to hear something soon. If we can agree on a price, the buyers want to close on Aug. 17 which means we're about to be really busy! We have decided to rent here for now and since we don't want to have to store our furniture, we will need to find something quickly. Please pray for all the numbers and logistics to work out, and for us to find the house God already has picked out for us. Check back often as I'll post final details as soon as I have them!

No comments: