Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cheesecake Factory

A Cheesecake Factory opened in my town yesterday. Since we were accustomed to having one in our former town and they are the only restaurant (that I know of) that offers a low carb cheesecake I can eat guilt-free, we were all anxious for it to open. We would drive by weekly, anxiously checking their progress. I did refrain from cheering the workers on, but it was especially hard on the day the letters went up on the building confirming there really was truth to the rumors of it opening soon. I tried to stay away until the crowds died down, but I failed in the self-control department severely. I broke several of my own personal rules of life, like never go anywhere near the mall on a weekend, to purchase an entire cheesecake tonight. Just to order something to go took 27 minutes--at least that's what my cohorts in crime who were not-so-patiently waiting in the van tell me.

Imagine my disappointment upon arriving home and discovering that it was FROZEN! I have been waiting 3 months to taste this little slice of heaven and it was FROZEN! I decided to chance thawing it a little in the microwave so I could at least slice it. I was somewhat successful. I am now eating a part soggy, part frozen piece of cheesecake and looking forward to the pieces I'll eat tomorrow that got to thaw in the refrigerator at the normal rate. (Yes, that was pieces--plural.)

At least I get to mark "Cheesecake Factory" off my list of things I wish we had in our new town. What else is on my list? Half price books, Forever 21, Papaya, an outlet mall and shopping on Harry Hines (which only Dallas residents can understand).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/26797

a copycat recipe for the low carb cheesecake... i have no idea if it's any good or not.

my favorite thing at the cheesecake factory - chocolate cake.