Thursday, December 13, 2007

And there was light...

We have electricity again!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The front half of my neighborhood is still dark so I am very thankful to be in the light again. I hope we do not have to repeat this experience ever again. Life just seems to have stopped this week as we were handicapped with no power. All of the school districts in the area closed for the whole week and don't know if they'll open next week since some still don't have power. They also lost all their food supplies and don't know if they'll be able to get shipments in before Monday. Zac may have the longest Christmas break in the history of public school!

Two funnies from the week:
"I changed my mind, I want a generator for Christmas." --Nathan on day 2 of the blackout

"Ooooooooo, I get to be pretty tomorrow!" --Alyssa when she found out she could stay the night with a friend who had electricity

Now I just have to make a really long grocery list to replace everything we lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You beat us!!! We didn't get power until around nine on Sunday night. Jenny, Eric, Baby Lucy, and I spent a week in a motel - one room - with Jenny working nights and trying to sleep during the day! It was CRAZY - but Jenny, with all her South Louisiana friends, kept reminding us that this was nothing compared to Katrina! jjj