Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful.....

If you've watched any national news in the past few days, you know that OK is experiencing it's worst ice storm/electric outages ever. Yes, unfortunately, we are one of the 200,000+ homes with no power--not since Sunday! The church finally has power today, so we are camped out in Kevin's office for a few hours to avoid being in our 53 degree house. The kids lucked out and were able to spend the night at someone's house last night, whereas Kevin and I have toughed it out under piles of covers every night. I think if I could figure out how to get my nose warm and still be able to breathe, I might could get some sleep. As it is, I feel like I haven't slept in 4 days, I'm sick of being cold, and just in case you can't hear the tone in my typing, I'm starting to get a little crabby. Pray for us to have power soon! We are being told it could be up to another week. Personally, I'd prefer to stop our record setting for number of consecutive days without electricity at 4.

No comments: