Sunday, January 20, 2008

Crazy family

I love my family. I love all the little quirky things that happen that make each day interesting and different. I'm not sure if we've ever had a normal day. I'm not sure if that's even possible with 4 kids, 2 adults and a dog under one roof. Last night I was vacuuming 2 canisters worth of dog hair out of the living room floor. (No I am not a bad housekeeper. This chore is done almost every other day with the same results. My advice: don't have a golden retriever.) Zac was going to be helpful and unplug it for me and toss me the cord. The only problem was I didn't know he was tossing me the cord till it was flying through the air towards my head and I was 15 ft. across the room. Unfortunately, a plug can gain a massive amount of momentum while flying 15 ft. through the air. I instinctively ducked my head, but not quick enough, and was smacked right on top of my skull. Zac finished putting the vacuum away while I sat on the couch with a Hello Kitty ziploc bag full of ice on my head. Not a pleasant experience, but the randomness made me laugh.

We are also quite addicted to Diet DP. This morning we (Alyssa and I) realized that the only 12 pack we had was in the van, so we told Zac we would give him a $1 to go out in the 19degree weather to get it for us. He obliged, but as you can guess since it was below freezing outside, the soda was frozen. Alyssa, being desperate for caffeine (I mentioned we were addicted right?), opens a can and squeezes it like a ketchup bottle into a cup. Zachary decided this would work for him also and follows her example. So here we are, drinking diet dp out of coffee cups so we don't have to touch the sides of the really cold cups. This would be so much easier if we liked coffee.

No comments: