Sunday, January 27, 2008

Let's Party!


Isn't this the prettiest cake you've ever seen? Almost too pretty to eat. Almost!


Alyssa invited 12 friends to come over and celebrate with a borrowed chocolate fountain (Thanks Bethany!), but thanks to a flu bug and several of her friends being old enough to have jobs, 6 came to play.

I was trying to take a picture of just the girls and had told Nate to move out of the way. Just as I snapped the picture he jumped back in the frame.




After we had turned the fountain off and the chocolate began to harden, the girls decided to make designs in the chocolate. About this time I had the horrifying thought: Who is going to clean this up? Knowing it would be me, the next thought was even more scary: How am I going to clean this up? I hadn't put it together so I had no idea how to take it apart. Thankfully, Bethany left us the instructions and I was able to figure it out. Not too bad, but terribly messy in a yummy kind of way. The saddest part was seeing all that chocolate go in the trash. Tragedy!

No comments: