Monday, March 10, 2008

Dishes, Set #4

I got new dishes! I'm so excited! No, the conversation about wedding showers didn't provoke me. I've been looking for some for about 6 months and finally committed to the set below. I was trying to remember how long I've had set #3, mainly to make myself feel better about the $150 I spent on the new ones. I honestly can't come up with a date, but I do know I bought them several years before Service Merchandise went out of business. If you're in your 20's, there is a good chance you don't even remember Service Merchandise. All my other dishes came from that store, a mecca of everything kitchen related. Possibly one reason it took me so long to purchase new ones is I was perplexed as to where to buy them. I've never bought dishes anywhere else. Target came to my rescue by having these which I think are adorable, if dishes can be adorable. I smile each time I get to use them even though I realized after I got home with them that the dinner plates are too tall for the dishwasher and have to be hand washed. But, I'm renting and this dishwasher is only temporary. My dishes will be with me a long time or at least until we break enough of them that I'm forced to by set #5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! They're very YOU!