Monday, March 3, 2008

Just call me Betty

Crocker, that is. I just spent 3 hours in my kitchen baking for my allergic-to-everything child. I had gotten behind in my baking which means he's been eating stuff he's not supposed to so I dedicated my afternoon to stocking the freezer. I successfully made 4 dozen muffins--2 dz. chocolate chip and 2 dz. apple cinnamon, a batch of brownies, and a batch of cookies--milk and white chocolate chip. I unsuccessfully made a loaf of bread. I was trying to be too effecient and use the bread machine which had been banned to the garage sale pile since the oven was busy with all the other goodies. Somehow I forgot the reason I booted the bread machine to begin with: the loaves come out squatty and heavy. They look like I took a regular loaf of bread and stepped on it, making it about 6 inches tall. I think I'll stick with my Kitchen Aid mixer (best purchase I made ever! Okay, maybe not ever, but it's up there in the top 10.) and loaf pans. Sadly, all this food will only last him about 2 weeks if I'm lucky.

No comments: