Friday, March 7, 2008

My moral dilemma, #2

For my first moral dilemma, click here.

This is a picture of my stove. I hate it. I don't hate many things so this is a pretty strong statement coming from me. Since we are renting, I am powerless to do anything about it. It is ugly. It doesn't maintain a steady temperature in the oven. The burners smoke when I cook on them. I was cooking dinner a few nights ago and instead of my home being filled with the wonderful aromas of beef stroganoff, it was filled with smoke smelling of burnt mystery food. Thankfully, it was a warm day and I could open the back door to let the smokiness escape.

Here is my dilemma: is it wrong for me to hope that the stove will break and the owner will have to buy a new one? Since I am a Christian, when I hope for something; it is in all practicality a desire for God to orchestrate that thing, whatever it is. I don't necessarily want the owners to have to spend money buying a new stove but that's the only way I'm going to get one. What do you think?

No comments: