Saturday, August 9, 2008

Eureka!

Yea! We have internet again. Getting our technology transferred to the new house has been more difficult than we planned. The first Dish guy couldn't find the cable lines, gave up and left with plans to send a more experienced installer on Wed. Dish guy #2 shows up, looking all of 14, but was successful after hanging around my house for 3 hours which was a really good thing. Alyssa and I might have had to storm the Dish office if we hadn't been able to watch the finale of "So you think you can dance" and the newest episode of "Project Runway" on Wed. night.

We finally got our phones turned on Thursday, but our excitement was short lived since the internet was still not working. We're on day 6 at this point with no facebook in a house almost full of teenagers. This is getting serious. Internet guy is here on Thurs. morning and decides we need a new modem. He goes out to his truck to get it and realizes he has locked his keys in the truck! He finally got our old modem to work, but after giving him the 2nd wire hanger I had to leave for work so I have no idea how long he was stuck in front of my house, locked out of his truck.

Otherwise the move is going well. I'm hoping to be able to hang pictures by tomorrow which is the true sign that you're settling in. This morning I'm doing a walk through at the rent house and turning those keys in. Woo hoo! Stay tuned for pix of the house and No, I'm not done with the NYC posts yet! I just got interrupted with all this moving business.

No comments: