Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Passport countdown

I officially applied for my passport last Wednesday. I've been saying I was going to apply for about a year now so I'm quite pleased with myself for finally getting to the post office with all my required documents and $97 in hand. I've been hearing horror stories on the news about it taking 4 months to get it back, but the lady at the post office seems to think I'll have it in about 6 weeks. We'll see!

Kevin and I decided just to take a small trip for now. We have 2 church members with homes in Branson and NW Arkansas. So I think we're going to one of those two places and relax and do some Christmas shopping. We decided we would rather save the frequent flier miles for a big trip to some country in Europe next summer or fall. Kevin has enough miles to get himself about halfway across the ocean right now, but hopefully by next fall, one of us could fly for free with his miles. Another relative has enough miles to get me there and even though we'd probably have to go on separate airlines and flights; I don't think I would care as long as I got to fulfill my dream of actually going outside of the US for the first time.
I'm not sure where we'll go yet, but Italy is enticing me at the moment. I'll have to do some research and watch "The Lizzie Mcguire Movie" a few times to learn the words to "An evening in Roma" before I decide for sure.

No comments: