Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Closets

Another thing I love about our new house are the closets. For one thing, there are closets everywhere. I still have one rather large closet with nothing in it and I have two linen closets that aren't even close to being full. This is my closet:

No, your eyes are not deceiving you--it is the color of crest toothpaste as is/was the rest of the master suite, including the ceilings. I painted the bedroom before we moved in but haven't done anything with the bathroom or closet yet. Anyway, love my closet. It's 18 ft. long x 6 ft. wide. I have room for everything, including my sewing desk, all of my scrapbooking supplies, and the ironing board which had become an unwelcome permanent fixture in my bedroom in every other house we've lived in. This is Alyssa's closet:

Hers is almost as big as mine and as you can see, she got more than her share of the 'type A' gene. I have it bad, but I'm wondering if my abnormally organized teen girl got a double dose. One of her favorite flairs says something along the lines of 'I wouldn't have to be OCD if everyone else would do things right the first time'. Ahhh, a child after my own heart. You see how everything is color coordinated within each clothing category? If you borrow something(which I often do), you must return it to the exact spot you removed it from and hang it on the exact hanger. She also spread everything out so it would look like the closet was full, but I know her secret goal in life is to fill it to capacity with cute stuff from Forever 21 and Fossil.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Umm... Do you think Lyssa would come make my closet look like that?!?

mom2four said...

LOL, I even went as far as putting summer items on one color hanger and winter on another......when I was single. Now they are just color coordinated and I've found this makes it MUCH easier to pick out outfits :)