Friday, September 12, 2008

Just for you Mom

My mother called yesterday and reminded me I haven't put any pictures of the inside of the house on the blog yet. And if your mom calls and tells you you need to put something on your blog, I recommend you follow through rather quickly. Keep in mind that we pretty much plopped our stuff into the new house--no decorating or painting have occurred yet with the exception of my room. We still have the previous owner's window treatments. I'll change them whenever I decorate the rest of the room.

Obviously this is the dining room. It's on the left as you come through the front door.

Looking into the entry way from the living room. You can see the archway into the dining room there on the right.

This is the living room. The archway on the right leads to the girls' rooms, their bathroom, the garage, and the stairway that takes you to the gameroom and the boys' rooms and bathroom. The archway on the left leads to the master suite area which you are not going to get to see tonight for two reasons: 1)There are no sheets on my bed. 2)I am currently doing an embroidery job for our church preschool and there are 58 scrub tops in various stages of completion in stacks all over my room.

Another view of the living room... the opening on the left is to the breakfast room. You can't see her but Katie is laying on the couch watching 'Say Yes to the dress'. And even though those curtains match my living room furniture, they're not mine and are coming down as soon as I figure out what to replace them with. (I'm taking suggestions if you have any ideas.)

Standing in the breakfast room, looking through the kitchen towards the dining room. There's a small hallway between the kitchen and dining room that has a wonderful pantry on the left and a laundry room on the right that does not lead to a garage which was one of the non-negotiable requirements. Yes, that's Belle, the dog that throws up in my carpet, peeking around the cabinets.

Looking into the breakfast room---Katie has relocated here because she decided she needed some chocolate chip pancakes for a bedtime snack. More rooms later. How soon will depend on how well the boys do with their project of cleaning the upstairs tomorrow morning.

No comments: