Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Give us this day our wheat-free bread

I really do feel bad about not blogging more often lately. It's not that I don't want to--I think about my readers all the time and what I can share with you that would brighten your day; I just don't seem to have a lot of time for slackinoff my mom duties lately. What's really aggravating though is when I spend time attempting to accomplish something and then something happens to erase anything gained.

For example, the other night I needed to make Zac some bread. (He's allergic to wheat and a slue of other stuff present in almost every normal food offered at the grocery store.) I was tired but knew he needed some so he would quit eating the regular bread. I'd feel really bad if he had an intense reaction all because I was blogging instead of baking, so I dragged myself to the kitchen and mixed up the dough. It didn't look right and after half an hour of it sitting in the bread pans, not rising, it hit me that I hadn't added yeast. So I scraped it back into the kitchen aid bowl, added yeast, then put it back in the bread pans to rise. I got busy doing some other things, went to the kitchen to turn out the lights for the night, and realized I never actually baked the bread which meant I had to stay up another 30 minutes.

The next morning, I hear Zac yell, "Mom, you're not going to believe what the dog did!" Usually it's throw up in the carpet that precedes this statement so that's what I was expecting. Instead, I see the loaf of bread with half of its side missing and crumbs all around the dog's mouth. AAAAAGH! All that time, wasted for nothing! Reason #56 why I cannot like the dog. At least now I am absolved of guilt if Zac has an allergic reaction since the dog ate my homework.

No comments: