Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That Darn Dog!

Warning: This post is not for the squeamish.
I went upstairs this morning to make sure the little ones were up and moving, only to discover that the dog had thrown up in multiple places, covering approximately a 3x5 foot area. One spot was smeared into a stripe about 2 ft. long which led to the realization that Zac had stepped in it. He doesn't turn any lights on upstairs in the morning so he somehow didn't see these blobs of dark green goo. How he didn't smell it is a bigger mystery!

As I'm going downstairs to begrudgingly get the cleaning supplies, I notice that Zac has left a trail of green spots--all down the stairs, through the living room, through the dining room, in the kitchen, and down the hall. AAAAAAAGH! I have just spent 45 minutes cleaning up this atrocity, trying not to lose my apple cinnamon oatmeal in the process. Now my poor children will not receive a proper education before I go to work today because my whole morning has gone, literally, to the dog.

You might be wondering, if I'm so far behind now, why am I taking the time to blog about it? To make me feel better. I tried whining to Kevin, but that just wasn't enough. I needed a few more people to share in my pain and frustration. If I knew any bad words, I would use them today. Okay, I know some, but I'm choosing not to use them. I feel a little better now that I have griped to the world (translation: the 5 people who will stop by here today).

2 comments:

Natalie said...

gross. that was disgusting. i'm glad you feel better having shared it though. i understand the need for a sympathetic ear.

Sharon said...

Would you believe she did it again this morning in the same spot? And she added two more gifts for me under the dining room table. The only think keeping that dog from being a 'free ad' in the newspaper is my love for Zac.