Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy Christmas Chaos

There are some days, like today, that convince me I will never be bored with my life. I know...one day all the kids will be gone and I'll wish for this craziness back. But I don't think that's ever going to happen. By the time Nathan graduates, Alyssa will probably be married and dropping her kids off here so she can maintain her sanity, all the while overlooking that I lost mine a long time ago which is okay.

I am desperately trying to finish all of the Christmas shopping. This includes the children also shopping since they still need me to drive them everywhere. So today, we hit Dollar Tree and Target. But since 3 kids needed to shop for each other and me, we had to keep changing the combinations of people who were shopping together while avoiding running into the other group. Dollar Tree was definitely more challenging than Target, but when you're 8 and 12, $1 is the right price tag for gifts so we made it work. We finally made it home and everyone took turns wrapping in my room which now looks like the gift wrap center at Macy's exploded in it. And I still have to take Zac shopping!

After a short break, I took Alyssa to dance, came back home for a quick meal of leftovers, then it was back to church for everyone but me. I was running all over town looking for green tulle for Alyssa's dance costume for the Christmas production which is this weekend--all weekend--4 performances. You would think green tulle was the 'Tickle me Elmo' of this Christmas because there is none to be had in this town. After several stops I did finally find some green ribbon that should do the job.

I would like to think the crazy, running around, wild adventures of today are unusual and rare at our house, but they're not. The circumstances change but the chaos does not. And by the way, when Alyssa put her gifts under the tree today, she numbered them--just to spite me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Alyssa! Gotta love the mini Sharon! I must admit I feel I need a private email with an explanation of the numbered gifts so that I can end my own wondering of it all.

Sharon said...

And would you believe Zac did it too? Apparantly, the older children are harboring some resentment over the numbering system this year. I'm considering giving out the numbers a few days before Christmas just for fun but haven't decided yet. Don't worry--I'll post the secret to the system soon!