Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Down in Dallas

Tomorrow is my last day in Dallas and while I'm a little sad to be giving up my carefree days of only having to feed one person, not do laundry, and shop till I drop; I am excited to get home and see my boys. I managed to almost finish all of my Christmas shopping, buy enough shoes to keep from justifying another purchase for at least 5 years, and bought fabric to make window treatments for 3 rooms.

This has been a interesting trip in that there have been some unusual happenings...

I got pulled over by a Euless cop for having expired Texas tags. I was just thinking the current Oklahoma license plate on the back of my van would have been enough to keep me legal. Poor guy was quite embarrassed when he realized what he had done and I couldn't help but laugh at him. Thankfully there's not a ticket for that.

I stepped in dog poopy outside Liz's apt. building and got it in the car. I pulled over at a gas station to try to get rid of it and ended up using the window squeegee on the bottom of my shoe. I hope the squeegee had time to soak before anyone else decided to clean their window.

Next post from home base in OK...and now that I'm done spending money I'll get back to posting how you can save some!

No comments: