Friday, January 30, 2009

A disadvantage of homeschooling

Most of the time, the advantages of homeschooling far outweigh the disadvantages. You can go on vacation any time of the year you want, stay in your jammies all day, and take a month off for Christmas vacation if you feel like it.

Today, UPS brought me a box containing 3 items: a cow heart, a cow eyeball and a fetal pig. So now I have this box sitting in my living room and it smells just like you remember your 9th grade biology class smelling.

Someday soon, Alyssa's going to need to actually open one of these vacuum sealed packages and perform the dissection for her Advanced Biology class. She was able to take Biology at a co-op and I got to miss all this the first time around. I'm actively looking for a tutor to talk her through the whole ordeal because I just don't think I can handle it. Any volunteers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should invite Dr. Jenny Paul over for dinner and dissection.