Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a small blog world

On Saturday, I got an email from a friend telling me about a friend of hers who had just had a baby who was in critical condition and being transferred to St. Francis hospital here in my town. She asked if someone from our church could go visit the parents. She gave me a link to Kelly's blog so I could read all about Harper.

">
Later I was checking my friend Cassie's blog and read about how Cassie had found out about Harper through Kelly's blog and had already gone to the hospital to see them. Cassie's husband is the youth pastor at our church.

Today Cassie and I went to the hospital to see Kelly and Scott (Harper's parents). It was truly a blessing to meet them. We talked with them for a little while and the "small world" connections were almost endless..the people we both knew, schools we had both attended, etc.. We even discovered that our sr. pastor used to be Kelly's parents' pastor when they were young marrieds. I guess when you're all from Arkansas, the family trees and stories all bound to intersect!

Check Kelly's blog for updates and pray for their family. This is their first baby and they are 2 hours from their home. Pray for us to know how to minister to them in the days to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe all these connections. Thank you so much for going to see them and for ministering to them in such incredible ways! I knew you and Kevin were "go to" people, it's been proven since our very first meeting a "welcome to Texas" dinner. Y'all have such a giving spirit. It is a small world after all and God is certainly moving in our midst.

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe all these connections. Thank you so much for going to see them and for ministering to them in such incredible ways! I knew you and Kevin were "go to" people, it's been proven since our very first meeting a "welcome to Texas" dinner. Y'all have such a giving spirit. It is a small world after all and God is certainly moving in our midst.

Sara Campbell said...

another connection! Kelly and I went to college together at OBU. Natalie (how I found you) and I lived in Turkey together. My hubby is the director of the Oasis school!

Sharon said...

Hi Sara! Natalie told me she had a friend who knew Kelly. Such a small world..even when you're on the other side of it. We're very excited to have Brian and Natalie coming for a visit next month. We haven't seen them in about 3 years and can hardly wait!