Friday, January 9, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Master Bath Edition

When we first moved into our house, the entire master suite was painted this lovely greenish blue color that makes the word 'Crest' pop into my mind. When I say 'entire', I mean ceilings, closets, shelves...everything. I painted our bedroom the day we got the keys. Partly because I didnt want to move our ridiculously heavy furniture but mainly because I didn't think I could sleep in there without having nightmares of drowning in toothpaste.

One of my projects while we were on Christmas break from school was to rid myself of one more room of nauseous green. (I still have a linen closet and my master closet that are this color. I don't know that they'll ever get painted just because of the work involved.) The walls were painted a creamy beigy yellow.

The cabinet finish had some water damage and I didn't really like the stain color so I painted them black, and added hardware.

I just love these knobs. I love the swirls and how they complement the rug.

Now when I walk in my bathroom, I smile, not fight the urge to hurl.

For those of you wondering how home decorating fits into my frugalness, this project was completed for a little more than $100. $20 for knobs and pulls, $60 for paint and supplies, and $25 for the rug.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks completely different. What a transformation!