Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Talkin' in the ghetto

I went to the Sprint store today to add unlimited texting to our family plan. I tried to take care of this a few weeks ago by calling the customer service line but the lady in India and I were having trouble communicating so I had to make a personal appearance at a store. All of this wouldn't be necessary if certain people in my house (Zachary) could keep from sending 247 texts when we have no texting plan. I decided it was easier to pay the $20/month fee than to keep making Zac mow the lawn for free, keep all of his allowance and make him take his lunch to school just to pay me back for the $50/month I was spending for him to text really important messages, like "what's up?"

Anyway, the guy asked to see my phone so he could access my account and he laughed when I pulled it out of my purse. Alyssa has been telling me forever that I have a ghetto phone, but since I gave her my phone upgrade so she could get a rumor, you would think she would be a little nicer about my ancient technology. I've had this phone since the February 2005 lemonade-in-my-purse incident when I was forced to get a new one. It makes calls and receives them, most of the time, and that's all I need. How dare he laugh out loud at my phone!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

i must admit here that i am sorely disappointed there is no picture of your ghetto phone accompanying this post! i wanted to laugh at it too. only because i can...we had to get new phones when we moved here. our turkish ones wouldn't work. they were ghetto fabulous though!