Friday, October 17, 2008

We're goin' green

No we're not becoming more environmentally friendly--probably less so since we just painted two rooms and filled our house with fumes. Nathan's favorite color is green and he's been asking to have his room painted green since he was old enough to know it was called green. In my practical nature (aka controlling nature) and thinking green wasn't the greatest color to paint a room when you know your track record of moving every few years, I always said no. The cuteness and the hope that this is our permanent home took over and I agreed.

I did learn that it takes 2 cans of green paint to cover up builder's white. Unfortunately I did not possess this knowledge during my first trip to Lowe's. So after coat one, I changed clothes to go back to Lowe's and buy the second gallon. Changing clothes was necessary because sometime during coat one, I sat on the large paintbrush that one of my boys so kindly left laying in the floor so my backside had a large green stamp on it. I was pleasantly surprised though at how well the green looks and he is thrilled to finally have his green room.


I also committed to painting Zac's room this week. He was home for fall break and wanted to work on his room. His was easier, and only took one coat for which my wallet was thankful.

All this grey just reminded me to tell you that Kevin called this morning (Fri. night for him). They had 7 more salvations today and Kevin rode an elephant. (This is where the grey comes in.) He has promised me there are pictures that I cannot wait to see! Tomorrow is the big evangelism rally then Sunday, Kevin and his travel buddy, Joe Pat, will be flying to Thailand then on to India on Monday.

No comments: