Friday, May 23, 2008

Cellular Stress

I begrudgingly got a new cell phone number so if you didn't receive an email today with the new number, leave me a comment so I can make sure you get it. I say begrudgingly because I've had the old TX number for somewhere around 6 or 7 years. I hate change. I'd like to say I'm a go with the flow kind of girl, but today's experience just proves that I'd be telling a big fat lie. I debated in the Sprint store for at least half an hour while we were getting Zac's phone on whether or not I was even going to change it. Kevin tried to make me feel better and told me I didn't have to go through with it today. I've already been procrastinating for almost a year. I decided the inevitable could not be put off any longer. The decision though did not relieve the stress of the actual change. I could actually feel my chest tightening as we were walking out of the store, knowing the deed was done and I couldn't go back to the old. After we got in the car, Kevin laughed at me as I had a small meltdown and shouted something about refusing to learn my new number. I practiced some lamaze breathing. (I'm glad that skill came in handy again without involving bringing another child home.) Maybe if several of you call me over the next few days to prove to me that the phone will actually work with a new area code, I'll feel better about the whole ordeal--but I doubt it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello! in our mad dash out of the country we donated our phones, but didn't have the time to get any of the phone numbers off of them. so unless we had it written down somewhere, we lost the number!

i've peeked around a little, will have to return when i have a bit more time. i can’t believe how big your kids are!

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure my comment made it so i'm trying again....

looks like you guys are busy! i've managed to figure out where you're living now... the kevin's on the news post, that's how smart i am. of course, you probably tell it somewhere, too. i'll have to do some more looking around. i can't believe how big your kids are! time really flies.

Natalie said...

i have been a comment slacker lately! sorry.

i can't believe you finally changed your cell phone number!

alyssa's dance was amazing. erica was really impressed. she said "so if i had stayed in dance i could do that?"

i am completely jealous of your upcoming new york trip! of course right now we are way too far from new york to even consider it AND we need to save every penny just for moving back!

erica was also jealous that alyssa got a job. i think she is looking forward to getting one when we are back in the states. she says she wants to work at sonic. i find this amusing. she picked the fast food she misses the most and went with it. i don't think she has any idea what kinds of other jobs there are out there!

and lastly i will comment on the front loader. i hear that they are quite large in the states. and that they don't take forever and a day to do the wash. here all the washers are front loaders so i have had the privilege of using one for the last 6 years. i hate it. strong words i know. but true words! it holds so little, and the absolute shortest cycle still takes 56 minutes to wash. some of the cycles take up to 2 hours. makes for long laundry days! i did see a front loader there once that i could have practically climbed in. i would probably love them there!

Sharon said...

transplanting me...it's great to reconnect. I try not to be obvious about where we are, but as you found out if you do a little investigating throught the posts you can figure it out.

natalie...you get the prize for longest comment ever, you definitely made up for lost time. i will warn you that the front loaders do take longer to run a cycle, about 50 minutes for a normal wash, but it will hold the equivalant of about 3 loads in a top loader. It finishes about the same time as my dryer, so in an hour I can have 3 normal size loads dry and 3 loads washed. I'll say it again--I love this thing!