Monday, May 12, 2008

The purse that caused all the trouble



As promised, here is the picture of the cute purse that has caused all kinds of trouble in my life. The very pursuit of it, before I even knew what it would look like, caused me to abandon seeing at least a couple of friends on my recent trip to Dallas. (If you missed this story, click here)

After I brought the cute purse home, there was a protest from my daisy loving daughter who begged me to give it to her. Obviously that was not going to happen. I did offer to let her have it after I'd used it a couple of months and could purchase a new one on our next adventure to Dallas. She wasn't happy with this arrangement either and stomped up the stairs. A few minutes later, she comes back down the stairs and presents with me 5 old purses and offers to trade me all of them for the adorable daisy purse. I guess I'm just a mean mom because I still said "no".

For Catherine: I had the purse with me at La Madeleine for our lunch so you have in fact already seen it. You must have been so excited about seeing me that you missed it. Or more likely, you were too busy getting two babies settled for lunch to notice. :)

2 comments:

Lou Ellen Rhodes Russell said...

Certainly it was the excitement of seeing you. That and the fact that I'm more into noticing people's diaper bags than purses these days, it's just a stage I guess. Super cute and sorry Lissa, mom always wins out!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that, for some reason google always wants me to post under my mom's account (I helped get her set up) It was me in the last comment!!