Friday, May 9, 2008

Loaves and Fishes in my Garage

Every year, sometime in spring, I have a garage sale. I always use the proceeds to buy our school books for the next year and somehow I always make around $400. I usually don't have anything big to get rid of, very rarely anything priced over $20. Today we thought we were going to be setting up for our sale tomorrow, but the neighborhood association advertised our sale as starting today. So, without price tags on most things, I made $300 in about 3 hours. About $100 of that total was big items, the rest--kids' clothes. And I still have a garage full of odds and ends and lots of kids' clothes. It always amazes me how God can take my boxes of stuff and turn it into exactly what I need for school books the next year. I guess it's my own little story of loaves and fishes, except instead of trading a lunch sack for a feast, I trade some 25 cent stickers for a another year of educating my kiddos.

No comments: