Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NYC, here we come!

We finally have our vacation for this year scheduled after much debate. We finally convinced Nathan there were other places to visit besides Disney World. Uncle Weve is working primarily in Buffalo all of July so proximity to him was a big factor and everyone is excited to be going to NYC for a week, beginning on my birthday! Uncle Weve generously shared his hundreds of thousands of FF miles so we could all fly for free! Woo hoo!

As our kids have gotten older, it has gotten more challenging to find things to entertain us all. This year we've decided to try something a little different and occasionally split into boy/girl activities. This will keep us from listening to boys complain while the girls venture into American Girl and see Wicked, and the girls won't have to endure a Yankees game although I really wouldn't mind too much.

Kevin and I spent less than 48 hours in NYC a couple of years ago for a quick anniversary trip. We did the whirlwind tour atop a gray line double decker bus and are hoping for a more leisurely trip this time around. So, I'm looking for suggestions on must sees, must eats, or must dos for our vacation. I can't wait to read your comments to direct our travels!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never been (sniff, sniff) but I hear the Magnolia Bakery and Serendipity (iced hot chocolate) are must do's. If I hear of anything else I'll let you know. Is Kristen Chenoworth still in Wicked? That was a dream of mine, to see her play the part. Happily, bigger better dreams came along and snuffed that one.:)

Sharon said...

I'm not sure if Kristen C is still in it or not, but it would be rather ironic if she was--she's from the town we currently live in! And don't cry too hard, I didn't get to go until my 15th anniversary. I keep telling my kids they're blessed in all the things they get to do, but I don't think they get it yet.