Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me (and Kevin)!

Today is our 18th wedding anniversary. I'll spare you the ooey gooey details of how we met and fell in love, but here's a few fun facts you might not know about us.
*We dated 2 years and I was still just 18 when we married.
*I turned 19 on our honeymoon.
*I wasn't allowed to drive the rental car on our honeymoon; I was too young.
*We have been together more of my life than not.
*Kevin was my prom date.
*Our parents worked together before we ever met.
*Our first date was to the county fair.
*We chose our wedding date based on when 1st summer session classes were over and before football practice started.
*My wedding dress was purchased by a member of the Murphy family (as in Murphy Oil) as a wedding gift.
*Three weeks after we were married, Kevin had to move into the football dorm for two weeks of summer practices. We got to see each other on his lunch breaks ocassionally.
That's enough Cottrell trivia for one sitting. Now flash back to 1990 and remember when white tuxes with tails were cool........

No comments: