Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Cheesecake Tragedy

Kevin and I went birthday shopping last night for Zac. I can't tell you what we bought since his birthday isn't till Thursday. Afterwards, we decided it would be fun to go have a piece of cheesecake at my favorite place, The Cheesecake Factory. (To find out the extremes I will go for a piece of cheesecake, click here.)

We are seated, given menus although there is/was only one thing I can have there thanks to my diabetic diet, I ask for it and then he says the dreaded words: "Ma'am, I'm sorry but we are reworking the recipe for the low-carb cheesecake. You can check back with us in October and see if it's back on the menu." What? Are you kidding me? There was nothing wrong with that recipe. It was near perfection. I want to know what I ever did to the Cheesecake Universe to deserve this torture. There should have been a news bulletin, petitions signed, something to prevent this tragedy.

I don't know how I'm going to go on without cheesecake in my life. My kids gave me springform pans for Christmas about 3 years ago. I asked for them and had good intentions of learning how to make cheesecake. I guess I'm going to have to get my little self in the kitchen now and make good on those intentions, but I'm not going to be happy about it!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Monica left a comment here, giving me a link to a copycat recipe. I don't know where the comment went, somewhere in blogger cyberspace, but I've pasted it below in case anyone else is interested in cheesecake experimenting with me. I'll let you know how it turns out!

From Monica:
http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/26797

a copycat recipe for the low carb cheesecake... i have no idea if it's any good or not.

my favorite thing at the cheesecake factory - chocolate cake.