Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lucky House #13

Kevin and I will celebrate our 18th anniversary next week. We are living in house/apt. #12. 12 times in 18 years I have moved. I'm quite good at it. I can pack a whole house and have the pictures hung at the new place in a matter of days. I have moved 5 times with 4 children. I should get an award for this or at least a piece of low-carb cheesecake!

We've been renting here the past year, getting accustomed to our new town. Our lease is up in 21 days so we've been having the never ending discussion: do we stay or do we buy? After all my moving, I'm pretty picky about my house requirements. After you read through my list, you'll understand why only 3 houses were even worthy of our scheduling a showing.
Absolutely necessary:
5 bedrooms
3 bathrooms
2 living areas
2 dining areas
big kitchen
laundry room that does not lead to the garage
Pretty kitchen cabinets
big closets
fenced yard

Suggested:
*3 car garage to store 2 cars, 6 bikes, 2 scooters and a lawnmower
*jetted tub because I am a mom of 4 children
*neighborhood park so I don't have to buy yet another swingset
*neighborhood pool so I don't have to get a second mortgage to support our trips to Leslies' pool supply
*nice neighbors who do not have loud pets, parties or do anything to provoke the police to show up at 2 am with a search warrant
*3 bedrooms downstairs and 2 up so we can keep the children of opposite genders from hurting each other.

House #1 didn't have a big enough game room.
House #2 had a very small kitchen and the pantry was in a stupid place. (They really should hire moms not architects to design these things.)
House #3 pink carpet, 'nuff said.

Then today, this little jewel hit the market:

Don't ask me why it has a frame around it. I guess I'm supposed to love it so much I want to hang a picture of it over the mantle after I move in, but it has everything on both of my lists! The perfect floor plan, neighbors we already know, and a pool within walking distance. There are a few things that deserve an explanation: mint green paint throughout the master suite and a bedroom with vinyl flooring and fluorescent lighting. But, those are easily fixed/painted. Now to just be patient while we pray and decide if this is the right move for us. I'm planning on this one being the final one for a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one who wanted my boys and girls separated. Praying for you right now.

Sharon said...

Thanks Ann! I appreciate every prayer lifted on our behalf. Such a huge decision!