Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A week in NYC...in incomplete sentences

After waking up at 3:30am eastern time to catch our early flight this morning, we arrived home at 10:30 central time. And now that the delivery man from the airport has delivered Zac's duffel bag, all our luggage has made it home too. I'm so tired I reset my watch to the central time zone twice and it took me till 4 to figure out I was functioning in the wrong zone.

I'll go ahead and apologize now for the gross amount of posts about New York, but you couldn't really expect me to go to NYC for a week and not bore you with details now could you? For now, here's a quick run down of our week. See something that needs more explanation? Leave me a comment and I'll elaborate another day.

Friday...Miley Cyrus sped away in her Escalade...My little pony car on the ferris wheel in Toys R Us...sweltered at the statue of liberty...Nathan got to open the doors of the subway

Saturday...M&M and Hershey stores in Times Square...Boys: Yankee game and Espn Zone...Girls:shopping on 5th avenue--American Girl, Tiffany's, H&M and lunch in Trump Tower, Cirque Dreams on Broadway...supper at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co...baked in the sun on a night double decker bus tour when it wasn't night with a stuttering tour guide

Sunday...baked in the sun on a double decker bus tour in downtown Manhattan...ate New York style pizza...American Museum of Natural History...uptown bus tour inside the bus

Monday...saw rats in the sewer...bought t-shirts at Julliard...Central Park carousel and zoo...ate hot dogs in the park while we listened to musicians play some jazz...sailed remote control sailboats...almost left Nate on the tour bus...consumed a molten chocolate cake at Chilis in less than 30 seconds

Tuesday...scarred the children for life at the MET...lunch in the MET cafe...collapsed in the hotel early in preparation for...

Wednesday....up at 3:30...in the car at 4...missing Zac's luggage...found an invasion of fleas at my house...mirror broke in my suitcase...toothpaste exploded in my cosmetic bag...must go to bed now...

3 comments:

Liz said...

...scarred the children for life at the MET...

Yep. I'm going to need to know more about this!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Maybe with time you can elaborate on all of it. Especially the food and shopping! Oh, and the shows and the MET of course.

Natalie said...

well i think i would like more info on all of it! but i'm with the majority on the scarring the kids for life story. what happened?